Organised by the Department of Sociological Studies, University of Sheffield
Date & Time: Tuesday 11 June 2019, 9.30am – 4.00pm
Inquiring into recent societal trends, challenging previously held beliefs, and using innovative methods, PhD researchers are at the forefront of academic research. This one-day conference is organised by doctoral researchers and seeks to bring together doctoral researchers from sociology and the wider social sciences and offers an opportunity to present their research and develop ideas in a friendly supportive environment. The conference is structured around the following themes:
- Place, space and mobilities
- Materiality, visuality and the sensory
- Networks, inequalities and diverse capitals
- Technology, the internet and data in everyday life
- Politics, power and change
- Methodological and epistemological approaches; ethical challenges
Presentations will be 15 minutes with 5 minutes following for Q&A.
The conference is free to attend. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Places are limited.