Social Sciences Research Enterprise Programme
13th April — 6th May 2021
If you are interested in participating please complete an Expression of Interest Form.
Deadline: 6th April 2021
Programme launch: Tuesday 13th April 2021.
Are you a social science PGR or ECR with an innovative research idea that could be developed into a new product, service or social enterprise?
Are you curious to understand what your research ideas mean in a practical way and how these can be developed outside of academia?
This is an exciting enterprise support programme that has been devised and delivered by the Universities of Leeds, York and Sheffield on behalf of the White Rose Doctoral Partnership.
The first of its kind to be offered across the White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership to provide social science PGRs and ECRs the unique opportunity to think about alternative routes for their research.
Whether you have a clear idea or not of the options and routes for your research, the programme can provide valuable insights and ideas.
You will be given the chance to compete for prizes worth £2k. Prizes include dedicated time with a design team to visually develop their ideas.
This bootcamp will be funded by the Economic and Social Research Council via the National Productivity Investment Fund: Accelerating Business Collaboration
This will be an online programme of 2 half days over 4 weeks, participants will benefit from:
- An introduction to enterprise
- Guidance on intellectual property and practical implications
- Speakers from industry, academia and business development
- Networking & communicating to non-academic audiences
- Research development with external companies
- A chance to pitch your idea to an independent panel for the chance to win dedicated time with a marketing professional to visualise your ideas.
The Bootcamp is open to any Postgraduate Researcher and Early Career Researcher in the social sciences at the following Universities:
- University of Leeds
- University of Sheffield
- University of York
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Manchester Met University
- University of Hull
- University of Bradford
You do not need to be ESRC funded to participate.