Deadline for applications: 4pm on Friday 3 November 2023
Student representation is a key part of the governance of the White Rose DTP. Student representatives help to inform the provision that the WRDTP offers, and provide a point of contact for, and advocate on the part of, their fellow students. The Student Forum assists in informing the operations and development of the WRDTP. The Forum is chaired by the WRDTP Director and feeds into the governance structure via the WRDTP’s Training Group and the Academic Quality Committee.
We are keen to hear from you if you are interested in joining the Student Forum. This is your opportunity to shape the future of the DTP and represent the doctoral researchers at your university and/or pathway. The Forum is open to all WRDTP students, including masters students. You do not need to be funded by the WRDTP to be a student representative.
For 2023/24, the following positions are available on the WRDTP Student Forum:
- Institutional rep – University of Leeds
- Institutional rep – University of Sheffield
- Institutional rep – University of York
- Pathway rep – Space, Place, Environment and Liveability
- Pathway rep – Sustainable Growth, Business, Work & Economic Productivity
Reps normally serve for 2 years, though we recognise that students may wish to step down in the final year of their programme of study.
In 2023/24, The Student Forum will meet 4 times, as follows:
- Wed 22 November 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 (University of Leeds)
- Wed 7 February 2024, 14:00 – 16:00 (online)
- Wed 20 March 2024, 14:00 – 16:00 (online)
- Wed 5 June 2024, 12:00 – 15:00 (University of Hull)
If you would like to apply to be a student representative, please complete an expression of interest form. The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 3 November.