Student representation is a key part of the governance of the White Rose DTP. We are setting up a new Student Forum to inform the operations and development of the DTP. It will be chaired by the WRDTP Director and feed into the governance structure via the Training Group and the Academic Quality Committee.
We are keen to hear from you if you are interested in joining the Student Forum. This is your opportunity to shape the future of the DTP and represent the doctoral researchers at your university and/or pathway.
How to Apply
To join us you must first express an interest and tell us a bit more about yourself, we will then consider your application and let you know if you’ve been successful. You must first complete the Expression of Interest Form outlining what skills and experience you could bring to the role.
- Deadline: noon, 23 November 2018
- Informed of outcome: by 30 November 2018
- First meeting: see schedule below
Student Forum meeting schedule 2018/19
- 10 December 2018, ICOSS, First Floor Conference Room, University of Sheffield
- 13 March 2019, Baines Wing SR, room 3.06, University of Leeds
- 15 May 2019, University of Sheffield (room to be confirmed)
All reasonable travel expenses to the meetings will be covered on production of receipts.
Student Forum Topics
- The WRDTP Training Offer – reflections and ideas
- VIRE and web site – how to develop this resource with students at its core
- FAQs – what students really want to know
- External engagement – working/researching beyond academia
- Mid Term Review and other ESRC initiatives – supporting the reporting review
- Case Studies – working with students to develop their story
- Personal Profiles of WRDTP Scholars – a space to tell your story
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Student Forum’ in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.