Are you interested in becoming a member?
Student representation is a key part of the governance of the White Rose DTP. We are setting up a new Student Forum to inform the operations and development of the DTP. It will be chaired by the WRDTP Director and feed into the governance structure via the Training Group and the Academic Quality Committee.
We are keen to hear from you if you are interested in joining the Student Forum. This is your opportunity to shape the future of the DTP and represent the doctoral researchers at your university and/or pathway.
How to Apply
The next call for Student Forum Members will be open in the next academic year (2019/2020). We will request Expressions of Interest around the time of the WRDTP Welcome Event 2019. Please keep an eye on the website for further information.
Student Forum meeting schedule 2018/19
- 10 December 2018, ICOSS, First Floor Conference Room, University of Sheffield
- 13 March 2019, Baines Wing SR, room 3.06, University of Leeds
- 15 May 2019, University of Sheffield (room to be confirmed)
All reasonable travel expenses to the meetings will be covered on production of receipts.
Student Forum Topics
- The WRDTP Training Offer – reflections and ideas
- VIRE and web site – how to develop this resource with students at its core
- FAQs – what students really want to know
- External engagement – working/researching beyond academia
- Mid Term Review and other ESRC initiatives – supporting the reporting review
- Case Studies – working with students to develop their story
- Personal Profiles of WRDTP Scholars – a space to tell your story
If you have any questions contact email@example.com and include ‘Student Forum’ in the subject line.