Are you interested in becoming a member?
Student representation is a key part of the governance of the White Rose DTP. We are setting up a new Student Forum to inform the operations and development of the DTP. It will be chaired by the WRDTP Director and feed into the governance structure via the Training Group and the Academic Quality Committee.
We are keen to hear from you if you are interested in joining the Student Forum. This is your opportunity to shape the future of the DTP and represent the doctoral researchers at your university and/or pathway.
How to Apply
We are now accepting expressions of interest from MA Social Research Students and PhD Students who would like to become members of the Student Forum. Please complete the Google form below. We will contact successful students after the Welcome Event on 18 October 2019.
Student Forum meeting schedule 2019/20
- Wednesday 8th Jan 2020 – University of York
- Wednesday 11th March 2020 – University of Leeds
- Wednesday 13th May 2020 – University of Sheffield
All reasonable travel expenses to the meetings will be covered on production of receipts.
Student Forum Topics
- The WRDTP Training Offer – reflections and ideas
- VIRE and web site – how to develop this resource with students at its core
- FAQs – what students really want to know
- External engagement – working/researching beyond academia
- Mid Term Review and other ESRC initiatives – supporting the reporting review
- Case Studies – working with students to develop their story
- Personal Profiles of WRDTP Scholars – a space to tell your story
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Student Forum’ in the subject line.