Education, Childhood and Youth (ECY)
This pathway covers the fields of education, learning and development, including students and academic staff from Education, Psychology, Sociology and Language & Linguistics departments.
Members have an interest in learning and education, from early childhood through to adulthood. As an interdisciplinary pathway, we look at ways in which the different disciplines concerned with education, learning and development, practice and research, learn from one another and collaborate to produce new findings.
As such, we cover a wide range of research areas, from laboratory studies of learning and development, to educational interventions to improve children’s outcomes in schools, to exploring ways in which children and young people are conceptualised and produced.
- Pathway Director : Tim Jay (Sheffield Hallam) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director (Hull) : Henning Holle email@example.com
- Deputy Director (Leeds) : Judith Hanks J.I.Hanks@education.leeds.ac.uk
- Deputy Director (Manchester Metropolitan) : Rachel Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director (Sheffield) : Christine Winter email@example.com
- Deputy Director (York) : Louise Tracey firstname.lastname@example.org