WRDTP Data Management and Open Scholarships 2022
Advanced Research Training for all MA Social Research Students and Postdoctoral Researchers
Description of course
White Rose DTP Advanced Research Training – sessions on Open Scholarship, Open Access, Shared Access as well as an afternoon workshop on Research Data Management.
Target audience & any previous experience required
Social Science Doctoral Researchers within the WRDTP institutions of the University of Sheffield, University of Leeds, Sheffield Hallam University, Manchester Metropolitan University, University of York, University of Bradford or University of Hull, who have not attended this course before. We advise any MA Social Research students to attend in their first year of PhD study.
Specifically recommended for all new ESRC funded doctoral researchers.
ESRC Studentships – Open Access
The White Rose DTP is committed to ensuring the output from ESRC funded research is made publicly available. The Research Councils UK (RCUK) open access policy came into force on 1 April 2013. ESRC funded Doctoral Researchers are expected to comply with the RCUK open access policy and guidance.
The full programme can be found at the bottom of this page, under the booking button.
This training session will be delivered face-to-face at the University of Sheffield.
PLEASE NOTE: The morning’s session will be recorded and will be available on the VIRE in an edited format for those students who cannot attend. If you wish to join this session but do not wish for your contributions to be included in the edited VIRE resource, please ensure that you select NO when prompted in the online booking form regarding recording.
- 9.45am - 10.00am
- Tea, coffee and refreshments
- 10.00am - 10.15am
- Welcome and Introduction
- Professor Felicity Matthews, Director of the White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership, University of Sheffield
- 10.15am - 10.35am
- Research Data Management
- Adam Partridge, University of Sheffield
- 10.35am - 11.05am
- Open Access Scholarly Resources
- Emily Nunn, University of Sheffield
- 11.05am - 11.35am
- Embracing Open Access publishing
- Stephen Pinfield, University of Sheffield
- 11.35am - 11.50am
- UK Data Services Perspectives (dialling in)
- Anca Vlad, UK Data Service
- 11.50am - 1.00pm
- Break for lunch
- 1.00pm - 3.00pm
- Research Data Management Training Workshop
- Helen Foster and Beverley Jones, University of Sheffield